- Do you love your partner but you “lose it” with them more often than you’d like?
- Do you sometimes feel triggered by “small things” and feel overwhelmed?
- Do you and your partner have a fight and then after things cool down you wonder “what were we fighting about?”
- Do your emotions influence your treatment of your partner in ways that you regret?
- Are you on the receiving end of challenging expressions of emotion?
If any of these things are true for you, then this workshop will help. Tony Robbins says the #1 skill in relationships is emotional fitness. And my relationship coaching experience has shown me he makes a good point!
The good news is emotional fitness is learned through systematic practice. It is incredibly powerful for a couple when you practice together.
In this workshop, we’ll develop emotional fitness as a close connection between your head and heart. The program will support you in developing the skills of noticing feelings arising as they arise, a tolerance of the uncomfortable sensations, an awareness of the accompanying thoughts, naming the feelings with a fluency for talking about them, and choosing how to respond to the emotions. Most importantly you’ll value and decipher emotional experiences as whole body messages designed to remind us about what we value most!
Invite your partner to invest in your relationship together …
Who is it for?
This program is for couples in a committed romantic relationship. It includes exercises for both partners to do together. If you are single or your partner is not available to join you, there is another version of this program designed for individuals (search for Couples Focus: Emotional Fitness for Individuals).
This program is not for couples in crisis. If you are separated or exploring separation/divorce, if there is any current or history of abuse (physical, emotional or verbal), or if you are navigating marital infidelities, then dedicated relationship coaching is a more appropriate option to explore.
What to expect?
You and your partner will participate together from the same computer. You will be guided through a journey of step-by-step topics to develop your emotional fitness muscles together: the roots of strong emotions in romantic relationships,
- the experience of emotions, caring ways of being with emotions,
- skillful ways of talking about emotions with your partner,
- the power of the pause and choosing how to response, and
- valuing emotions as whole-body messages about what is most important.
The program will consist of three (3) 2-hour online sessions:
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 7-9PM Eastern
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7-9PM Eastern
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 7-9PM Eastern
You will be sent the link to join after registering.